Albion City Precinct 3, Fredonia Township, Tekonsha Township, Kalamazoo Regional Education Service Agency, and Tekonsha Community Schools will be holding special elections in Calhoun County on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
* Albion City Precinct 3 is a Recall Election of the Council Member.
* Battle Creek City and Leroy Township will be sending their K-RESA Election Day voters to Climax Township; however, they will be open to register electors.
* Bedford Charter Township Precinct 1 will be open Election Day to conduct the K-RESA election.
* Burlington and Clarendon Townships will be sending their Tekonsha Community School Election Day voters to Tekonsha Township; however, they will be open to register electors.
The November 5, 2019 Special Election Unofficial Results will be posted HERE shortly after the polls close at 8:00p.
WEBSITE FEATURES include:
* All proposal language for this election can be easily viewed by clicking the 'Language PDF' link at the top of the page!
* Calhoun County has 4 precincts OPEN on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 to conduct Special elections! We will also be reporting Tekonsha Community School results from 2 Branch County Townships. Near the top of the page you will see the number of precincts that have reported. The percentage of the 6 precincts that have reported will also be indicated in the % reported. 100% indicates ALL precincts have reported.
* Albion City and Bedford Charter Township are utilizing an Absent Voter Counting Board (meaning all Absent Voter Ballots will be processed in a separate precinct). These results will be sent to the County separately and added to the Precinct results. When both are received at the County the combined total will post on our webpage - watch for 100% Reported to appear.
Absentee ballots are included in all other precinct results as well.
* The 'LAST UPDATED' date/time will indicate when the page was last updated with new results!
* For quick access to a particular proposal, click the section at the top OR use the convenient drop-down option near the top of the page.
* The Standard results page will show TOTAL VOTES for each proposal!
* Directly under each Proposal Title, notice the number of precincts that have reported, and the total number of precincts that will be reporting, along with a % reported for this particular office or proposal.
* The 'DETAILED RESULTS' link will give you Precinct-by-Precinct Results for those reported!
(number of registered voters per precinct/ballot style, number of electors who voted, a percentage of electors who voted, the candidate results, and the Yes/No reported in each precinct.)
You may also View Your Sample Ballot on-line prior to going to the polls.
On November 7, 2019 at 9:00a the Calhoun County Board of Canvassers began reviewing the Special Election results. The November 5, 2019 election results are Certified and Official as of 2:00pm November 7, 2019.